- improve and maintain the emotional wellbeing of BMER (Black, minority ethnic and refugee) communities in Barnet and the neighbouring boroughs.
- to mobilise and support BMER communities to access Mental Wellbeing Service to achieve the above vision by:
- Providing a co-ordinated and comprehensive, community led, culturally appropriate, mother tongue counselling and wellbeing services.
- Community-led mother tongue counselling and well being services.
Our Objectives are:
• To increase awareness of mental health professionals about different cultural perspectives of mental health and to develop a culturally capable workforce
• To inform and educate BMER communities about mental health issues
• To increase the number of people accessing mental health services at early stages
• To influence policy around BMER mental health and well-being
• To enable BMER communities to explore, use and share existing cultural techniques to deal with mental health issues
Your service was very helpful for me.I was respected and guided. I felt that I could rely on persons like my case worker. With special thanks to her. - By Mr F.M from Iran
I am just calling to thank you. You helped me when I thought nobody could. You saved my life. I am very very happy. Thank you. - By Ms B.
After 4-5 sessions things started to change and I gradually felt that I could get better. My counsellor pulled out part of my pain. It was difficult but I didn’t miss a session and kept going back. I feel better now. I don’t get frustrated like I used to and have hope for the future. Thank you for ... - By Mrs A from Afghan Community